Choosing a removals company
The only reason to move yourself is cost. Moving yourself is only recommended if you have a small amount of furniture and you have a group of friends who can help out.
If you are moving across state, you should get in touch with an interstate removalist to make your journey as stress-free as possible. KT Moller Removals can help you transport and deliver your goods based on your requirements and budget. Whether you need rail, road or sea freight, KT Moller Removals are on hand to help. For Brisbane and Perth based moves. Call 07 3268 2266 for more information.
Read this article to find out about the experience of moving to a new area.
What to do on moving day
- If you have children, settle them with their carer. If they are staying with you, organise a room with their toys and a few treats. Older children may want specific tasks, like packing their own personal box.
- The team leader will introduce himself and his crew to you. Show the team leader around the house.
- Keep the kettle boiling and the biscuits flowing so that everyone is refreshed.
- Strip the beds. Keep the linen in a box that travels with you so you can pull it out for the first night.
- Once the van is loaded, walk around the house with the team leader to ensure all items to be moved have been placed in the vehicle. How long does it take?
- At your new home, everything is unloaded and placed in the appropriate rooms and if quoted for, unpacked and unwrapped by the moving team.
- Once you are satisfied that everything has been delivered and positioned in appropriate places, you will be asked to acknowledge this by signing the team leader’s delivery sheet, writing any comments you may wish to make.
Please contact us if you would like to recommend a removals company to us.